Author; Marian Parisher-Nichols

News: Welcome to my forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: TV Shows you like.  (Read 1313 times)

Offline ziggythefish

Re: TV Shows you like.
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 11:52:42 AM »
I love watching reality tv show because I like to learn how people interact with English. Lately, one of shows from Own TV (Oprah Winfrey's): "Welcome to Sweetie Pie's" is on the final season.

I am kind of like people in the show doing business, customer service, cast member's personal clash and the owner's son ambitious plan (kept opening/closing new restaurant), however I felt so sorry for him that no matter how hard he tried, there are always some obstacles he had to tackle, even a lawsuit from his mom. On this last season he simply just tired of doing the restaurant, trying to pursuit the music career as his mother does. But to be honest, they both are not great on the voice, it just weirded me out that they even recorded it, made an album......... They should stick to doing what they are good at which fortunately enough, they still have 2 soul food restaurants and a burger food bistro (of which Oprah shown out at one of episodes in this final season) open still today thanks to the owner's consistent and persistent on business-wise.

I looked up the web, the show being canceled may be due to two reasons: (1) the ratings over the years are not good, (2) the lawsuit between the owner and her son is too toxic and irreparable, their relationship since then is very intense have rare communication. Too reality being on reality show does hurt the family as the owner said.

It's sad, itís going to the end, but again, there is a saying the show must go on, maybe I will find a next great reality business plus family show later.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 11:56:14 AM by ziggythefish »

Offline ziggythefish

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 03:00:12 AM »
Tomorrow is Chinese Lunar New Year !!! Happy Holiday.  :hahanot:

Offline ziggythefish

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 09:16:39 AM »
No words?? No one??  :no:

Offline ziggythefish

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 09:23:27 AM »
A link for RH tidbit: http://allthingsrh.com

Offline ziggythefish

TV Shows you like.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 08:47:20 AM »
Well,I have watched all of Real Housewives from Bravo. I like the Atlanta and Dallas,hilarious and classic.  ;D Also,the Little Women series from Lifetime are fun to watch,even though some of drama from these shows may be concocted.  :o